Welcome to the July Mindful Mama Carnival: Mindfulness and Nature
This post was written for inclusion in the Mindful Mama Carnival hosted by Becoming Crunchy and TouchstoneZ. This month our participants have shared their experiences of mindfulness and the natural world. Please read to the end to find a list of links to the other carnival participants.
Welcome to my site and to the Mindful Mama Blog Carnival with this months topic: Mindfulness and Nature. We hope you enjoy the carnival, and plan to visit often! After the post be sure to read on to other people who have shared their vision of this month’s topic!
Below is my “walking quest,” that led me to write, Grounded in Nature. What do you find when you are in nature. I for one believe that all the answers to the deep question we seek, are there…in nature.
Grounded In Nature
Then all at once
Light, bold and new
Crisp air that bites sweet.
Deep breath, exhale brisk breath.
I walk. Notice. Take in all around.
The extension of my limbs, roots in the ground.
My senses want. I touch. The earth is full of life.
Growth. Death. Cycles unfold.
Nature so profound.
Simple as can be.
Stop. Look. Listen. Smell, Touch. Taste the vapor in the air.
Though I step along, on top of and through,
I am one with all that is here.
The flowers, the leaves, the water,
I am grounded, deep.
Nature is here. Nature is me.
I am home.
Visit The Mindful Mama Homepage to find out how you can participate in the next Mindful Mama Carnival!
- Zen and the Art of Raising Chickens Jenn at Monkey Butt Junction has found a connection to nature in her very own backyard, thanks to her chickens.
- Healing Gemstones and Crystals for Children Jennifer at Hybrid Rasta Mama discusses which genstones and crystals are best used by children to support physical, emotional, and/or spiritual healing.
- A Gardener’s Meditation Andrea at Tales of Goodness shares how she finds peace and renewal through gardening.
- Weeding My Thoughts Amanda at Let’s Take the Metro discusses how nature keeps her in the moment and stops her endless stream of thoughts.
- Grounded in Nature Rani at OmSheSaid shares her walk in nature, and through expressive words, shares this journey to coming home.
- Embracing the Magic of Moonlit Nights Lucy at Dreaming Aloud shares ways to embrace the magic of moonlit nights with your children and as a woman.
- Meditation for a Mindful Mama Alinka at Baby Web guides you through her research on the science of meditation, its numerous benefits, and presents to you a life changing meditation exercise.
- The Wild Within Naturemummy at Motherhood: My Latest Adventure reflects on the soothing qualities of wild places.
- Nature’s Lessons in Mindfulness Tat at Mum in Search wants to bring the same mindfulness that comes so easily in nature to her relationships.
- On Manicured Nature: We Roam in Small Spaces Featherstory at The Aniweda Dream shares her gratitude for her limited natural settings and her plans to expand her children’s experience with the natural world.
- Garden (Time Out) Meditation Do you ever need a time out for yourself? Amy at Anktangle finds that during a difficult parenting moment, taking pause to spend a few minutes outside is just the thing she needs to be able to experience renewed patience, focus, and energy.
- Nature Makes Me a Better Mother Terri at Child of the Nature Isle could not imagine parenting without Mother Nature.
- Natural Renewal Karen at Playful Planet shares her experiences of reneweal in the natural world.
- Natural History Kenna at A Million Tiny Things gets out into nature, 200 years ago, and isn’t sure she likes it there.
- Nurtured by Nature Darcel at The Mahogany Way shares with us how being in nature helps her feel centered and connected.
- Mindfulness and Nature Zoie at TouchstoneZ explores the connection between mindfulness and the natural world.
- A Sense of Awe and Wonder Kelly at Becoming Crunchy shares the feeling she never fails to get from the natural world and how it guides her to the mindfulness she craves.
Rani this is just beautiful. I could feel myself breathing more deeply and relaxing as I read your words and saw your gorgeous pictures. I agree with you totally and completely. Thank you so much for sharing…
Thanks Kelly! I just love being part of this carnival! Especially with this topic!!! Thanks for letting me join in again! Looking forward to future ones!!! I’ll be catching up on reading tonight!
Beautiful photographs, amazing words. The image of the trees is so sensual, delicious and inviting. Yes we are home in this magnificent world. What joy.
Thanks Terri!!! It really is an amazing world if we just take the time to stop, look and listen openly!
Lovely…I especially like your photograph of the Lady’s Mantle and mulch. Serendipity – I just fell in love with lady’s mantle a few days ago after learning of their medicinal qualities.
Your words made me feel as though I was walking through a forest. Beautiful.
Thanks so much for your kind words Jennifer! And thanks for telling me what that plant was…I love the name Lady Mantle!
Beautiful! Thank you Rani 🙂 I love how you describe your connection to nature. I get my feeling of connectedness outdoors when my feet are in the ocean – the water connects me to the whole Universe and I realize that all my petty little frustrations are nothing in comparison to the majesty of the energy we are part of.
Thanks Alinka! I love the ocean too!!!It really is so vast and helps to ease the mind! PuraVida to you!
Beautiful poem and… wow, your photos are stunning. I can almost smell and feel just looking at them!
Thanks so much Tat! Your kind words are appreciated!