Have you heard of Danielle LaPorte? Well you should! She is one my favorite authors and inspirationalist…is that even a word…it should be! Her words inspire me and transform thinking! She created this manifesto and it’s now part of my collection too! May it inspire you!
While looking in my shed…yes just looking..because working on it would be cleaning and organizing it…and I was just looking! So looking in my shed I came across many old papers and things…
This was one of them printed on parchment paper:
Rules for Being Human
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be your for the duration.
2. You will learn lessons: you are enrolled in a full-time informal school called Life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lesson or think them irrelevant and stupid.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of tria-and-erro and experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately “works.”
4. A lesson is repeated until learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lesson does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. “There” is no better than “here,” you will simply obtain another “there” that will again look better than “here.”
7. Others are simply mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you make of them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie inside you. The answers to life’s questions lie inside you. All you have to do is look, listen, and trust.
10. You will forget all this.
Not sure where this came from. And some of it resonates for me at different times. But I like it…hope you do to! Funny what you can find when you’re really not looking for it!
Declaration of You! This is what it’s all about! Coming out of brief hiatus to join in on Declaring all that is you! So when you get the chance be sure to click on the links to take you to this wonderful new book that is actually more like a workpath towards all that you are and all that you can be!
The topic is Self Care. And with that, I wanted to share something I made when I was going through a rough patch in my life. I was having a hard time figuring out why I was here…in this existence…in this world and in this life…I know…..DEEP! But then I posed this question and made this subway art, and grateful to share it with you!
I actually posed this question on Facebook. The response was awesome. It’s with those responses and more research of my own, that placed these words onto paper. It may be a reflection, a voice, and just simply a way to give yourself some credit and a break from all the hard work you are doing to live in this life. Take it for what it is and always know, you are on purpose!
Namaste and continue the journey to the Declaration of You! Here’s a bit of information about what the Declaration of You is all about~
“The Declaration of You will be published by North Light Craft Books this summer, with readers getting all the permission they’ve craved to step passionately into their lives, discover how they and their gifts are unique and uncover what they are meant to do! This post is part of The Declaration of You’s BlogLovin’ Tour, which I’m thrilled to participate in alongside over 100 other creative bloggers. Learn more — and join us!
Words are powerful!